Lisa: Day 1 of training

>> Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm happy to report that Day One was a success!  I didn't take a lunch break at work today so left an hour early to ensure that I would get the most of the beautiful day's weather. I suited up and got my dog Lola ready to go...



And then this happened (not sure you can see it but yes, it started HAILING):


The sky kept changing on me, going from sunny bright skies to dark ugly gray clouds and hail:


After being home for an hour, there hadn't been an interlude of dry weather for more than 5 minutes so I was hesitant to get out there with Lola if it decided to start pelting us with hail. I was pretty dead-set on just doing a yoga dvd and start the training tomorrow. But I ended up pumping myself up and I ventured out for the run! It was super chilly but the sun poked out for a bit and I successfully completed my first day of training (with no injuries due to hail either!).


Now I'm sitting down to a delicious bowl of homemade vegan chili (I took a few liberties with the recipe, but the basics can be found here) and I'm feelin' GOOD! :)

Kim...yay us!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP