Lisa: Overcoming hurdles

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010

For my third week of the Couch-to-5k training I was faced with my first real hurdle: family in town visiting!  This is not to say that my mama-in-law and family friend's visit wasn't really great and exciting (because it was!!) but the hurdle that I had to overcome was the distraction that their visit brought.
I was off of work on Friday (Cesar Chavez Day) so was able to spend the entire day sight-seeing with them.  Fridays are generally my third day of training for the week so my initial plan was to wake up early and go for a run before we set out for the day.  Unfortunately, I am not a morning runner.  Mid-morning?  Yes.  First thing in the morning?  No.  My body just isn't awake enough to get out and hit the pavement.  So without running in the morning I decided to run that evening.  However, we didn't get back into the city until late so that didn't work out either.
On Saturday on the way home from the day spent in Golden Gate Park, I was offered some Sun Chips.  All I wanted to do was eat those darn chips and say "forget it" to my third day of my third week of training.  What's one day missed in the scheme of things? I thought.  It took every ounce of my being to refuse the offer and determine to run that evening.  So we got home around 6pm and I immediately strapped on my running shoes, grabbed Lola's leash and ran out the door before I could talk myself out of it!  And I am so happy I did.  :)

Week three: complete!
(I still don't have a darn stopwatch so couldn't follow the C25k's exact plan for the third week.  Instead, I upped the time to 4 minutes run/1 minute walk this week and luckily was able to do it without any problems)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP